In order for any business to succeed, they must have the ability to attract new customers, while maintaining and satisfying existing customers.
Every business has a different strategy in place for attracting new customers and maintaining existing ones, however many plan without taking into account, what could go wrong.
When things go wrong it can be costly and embarrassing. Here are a few tips to help you avoid some common marketing errors.
1. Make sure your marketing strategy is tailored to the audience you’re trying to attract. If you don’t know how to do this, have a look at what your competitors are doing online and offline.
2. Make sure your image is consistent. There will be huge gaps in your marketing if you can’t take your target audience through a smooth journey that tells a relevant story.
3. Ensure you have a clear message that is conveyed across your branding, marketing, collateral, communications and everything else you put out to the public.
4. Don’t forget to build solid relationships with existing customers. It is very hard to get new customers so make sure you keep the ones you have, the only way to do this is by building a strong relationship that will eventually increase their loyalty.
5. Don’t go overboard with your marketing efforts, it could end badly!
6. Don’t forget to carry out market research or get reliable feedback before embarking on a marketing campaign.
7. Rushing to achieve your marketing aims can leave room for errors. Drips or segmented advertising campaigns are more effective, manageable and measurable.
8. Take your time to carry out major changes. 1 change can ruin your public image to the point of no return.
If you’re in need of some marketing help? Don’t know what’s going well, what’s going wrong? Need to ramp things up for 2015? Or simply want to have a chat about your current marketing situation, give me a call on 07760 986 440.