HAPPY JANUARY! I hope you enjoyed the holidays and you’ve returned to work fully revitalised and ready to hit the ground running.
I bring to you my focus this month, which is ‘Target Audience’
I’ve chosen this topic to start the year off because without a defined target audience, your marketing campaigns may come up empty as it casts too wide a net.
The best, most efficient way to reach more qualified consumers is by targeting small, specific groups, this is called segmentation.
When building a marketing campaign, ask yourself the following:
- Who is my target audience? Consider their age, gender, interests, values, location, occupation, B2B or B2C, hobbies, class, industry..
- Where does my target audience go for fun?
- What social media networks is my target audience most likely to use?
- What apps does my target audience tend to download?
- What magazines does my target audience tend to read?
- Research your direct competitors – how are they targeting our shared target audience?
Segment your audience to help you develop a focused and effective marketing strategy.
The purpose of defining your target audience is to understand the shared characteristics of those who are likely to be interested in your products or services.
It will allow you to craft a message that will resonate with your target audience, via a channel where your target audience will usually find themselves.
In summary, this is the most cost effective, efficient way of approaching all marketing activities this year. Good luck!